Thursday, March 1, 2012

Google Doodles

Little known fact about me= I am OBSESSED with Google Doodles..
For those that don't know..Google Doodles are the illustrations you see on the google homepage for the search engine. They only do the doodles (that sounds odd) occasionally to celebrate certain events/birthdays/holidays/etc.

Click here to see a gallery of 2012 doodles. You can choose go to different years too.
One of my favorites was for Thanksgiving in 2011. Click here for the interactive version.


Now here is a video on the employees at Google that are the official "Google Doodlers"
sidenote: What a neat job title! Click here if you know any artistic young students so they can submit their doodle or the chance to be on Google's homepage.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Hahah I'm the same way! I make sure to check Google everyday, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I love the doodles too! I get so excited around the holidays especially bc I know they'll be reallly good ones! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, what a fun post!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Google Doodles!! Whenever I exclaim about their goodness to my family, they look at me like I'm crazy b/c they all use the iGoogle homepage, which doesn't show the Doodle, so they never know what I'm talking about. I think they sometimes forget that there is an actual, simple, plain Google homepage that sometimes has cool doodles! Tragedy, I'm telling you! :P

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...